P.S. Remember, if there's a specific theme you want me to follow, be sure to pm me!!
Halloween Witches Brew
A must every Halloween - this recipe is great fun! A fake hand is frozen in a rubber glove and then presented in a bucket or glass punch bowl. Dress the hand up with a few Halloween gimmicks, like spiders.
- 300g of frozen raspberries, thawed
- 600ml of cranberry Juice
- 1 sachet of powdered gelatine
- 2l ginger ale
- 2l sparkling apple juice
- 6 gummi snakes
- To make the frozen hand: Wash and rinse the outside of a rubber glove. Turn the glove inside out and set aside. In a 1 litre measuring jug, combine the thawed raspberries and cranberry juice.
3. Pour raspberry mixture into the inverted glove. Gather up the top of the glove and tie securely with kitchen string. Freeze until solid, or several days if possible.
4. To serve: Carefully cut rubber glove away from frozen hand. Place frozen hand, palm side up, leaning against side of a large punch bowl. Pour in ginger ale and sparkling cider. Garnish with Gummi snakes.
A favourite at kids' Halloween parties. Use a shop bought chocolate cake mix and icing if you're pressed for time, or use your own cake and icing recipes to prepare these cupcakes from scratch.
- 1 Pack of chocolate muffin mix
- 325g chocolate biscuit crumbs
- 1 tub of chocolate frosting
- 1 packet of 'wummis' (gummy worms)
1. Prepare cake mix according to packet directions. Pour mixture into muffin tins and bake as directed on cake mix box. Let cupcakes cool thoroughly before icing.
2. Spread cupcakes lightly with chocolate frosting. Sprinkle biscuit crumbs on top.
3. Cut gummi worms in half (as many as you like). Put icing onto cut end of the worms and stick to the top of cupcakes. You can use as few or as many as will fit on each cupcake. Let icing set for 10 minutes and then enjoy.