by Rachel Selenia
1. Classes. Yes, you heard me – classes. In a way you could almost mistake me for being a Ravenclaw student (actually, that was the house I would have ended up in if it wasn’t for Hufflepuff), because I just simply love learning new things! I love going to my different classrooms, sitting down and opening my books, and feeling all the knowledge that is flowing through the classroom flow into me. Besides, classes are actually fun as well, not like the classes in my Muggle school all those years ago…
2. The library. My favourite place at Hogwarts! That is except for my dormitory which is the cosiest place ever. But the library is just so amazing! I can sit there for hours and hours pretending to do my homework, when in reality I am just enjoying the feeling that old books can give you. I feel wonderfully alive there, even though most people usually think that libraries are boring places.
3. The food! Oh my, the food! Okay, I have to admit it. My Muggle mother (yeah, I’m still living with my parents during the holidays) is pretty good at cooking, but sadly she doesn’t even come close to the wonders that are presented by the house-elves at Hogwarts! It might seem weird
4. The dormitory. I mentioned this briefly above. My dormitory is the best ever! The best bed with the best pillows in the cosiest room, the best welcome baskets, the best and funniest dorm mates – and the best pillow fights… What else would you need? Ah yes, a nice fireplace for those chilly fall evenings. But those can be found in the common room, no need to worry! And that’s where you will probably find me: in an armchair by one of the fireplaces – if I’m not in the library, of course.
5. Quidditch! One of these days I will make sure to be able to play as well, but for the time being I feel comfortable just watching. The risk of getting your bones broken or a really bad headache is much reduced when you are just cheering from the stands than actually being on the field. Not completely eliminated though, but significantly reduced. And just cheering can actually be so much fun! That is why I still think the quidditch games are the highlights of the week, even though Hufflepuff usually ends up towards the end in the cup… You know, it’s not the winning part that counts, it’s how much fun you have, right? Which leads me to my last point on this list:
6. Points! Yes, those lovely, amazingly shining house points that we all love to collect as many as possible during the school year! Big points, small points, any points... Doesn’t it feel good when you hand in a good homework assignment or a long exam, and then get the maximum amount of points for it? Ah, that feeling is the best ever! Says the busy hardworking badger, and heads off to the Entrance Hall to check out the list of classes that are still available…