by Nina Messersmith
- 1 ½ cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 4 packs of cream cheese (8 ounces)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup of pumpkin
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Grease a 9-in. spring form pan and set aside
- In small bowl, combine cookie crumbs, pecans, and melted butter. This will be your crust.
- Press cookie crumb mixture into bottom of the springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, in a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch (I use an electric mixer and beat on low speed for 2 minutes.)
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to the cream cheese mixture. Continue to beat until combined.
- Next add in your pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix together until becoming a cream texture.
- Once crust is done baking, allow it to cool for at least 10 minutes before pouring the pumpkin cream cheese mixture on top. Once cooled, pour mixture over top of the crust and bake for an additional 55 minutes.
- Once out of oven, let cool for an hour. You can garnish with Whip Cream, Chocolate syrup or even caramel sauce. This recipe usually serves 12. Enjoy!